Sustainably designed from A to Z
Our valuable natural environment is increasingly under pressure. Fortunately, this important topic is now getting appropriate attention in the public debate. We as humans finally understood that we cannot continue the way we did in the past and that we have to actively protect our earth. The responsible use of the valuable resources of our nature has therefore been at the center of our thoughts and actions since Rosenrot was founded. Therefore, sustainability at Rosenrot includes not only the formulations of our products, but also all our manufacturing processes and structures. At Rosenrot, we know exactly which ingredients go into our fine products from start to finish. So we can assure you that with a Rosenrot product you are using a high-quality, natural and particularly caring cosmetic product.
Verantwortung, Respekt und Achtsamkeit
Seit der Gründung und als einer der ersten im Kosmetikmarkt hat Rosenrot einen besonderen Fokus auf einen respektvollen und sorgfältigen Umgang mit unserem Planeten und unserer Natur gelegt. Rosenrot setzte seit Beginn an Standards in Bezug auf Nachhaltigkeit, einen verantwortungsvollen Umgang mit natürlichen Ressourcen und Achtsamkeit für unsere wertvolle Natur.
Schon lange bevor Naturkosmetik in aller Munde war, hat Rosenrot innovative und hocheffektive Naturkosmetikformulierungen entwickelt. Auf Basis jahrelanger Erfahrung arbeiten wir bei Rosenrot täglich daran, auf Basis hochwirksamer natürlicher Inhaltsstoffe Formulierungen zu entwickeln, welche die ideale Balance zwischen Pflegewirkung, Tiefenreinigung und Natürlichkeit abbilden. Dieser Anspruch findet sich allen Rosenrot-Produkten wieder.
Bei uns geht es um Liebe zum Detail, Leidenschaft für Handarbeit und Individualität, einen hohen Qualitätsanspruch und den Anspruch unseren Kundinnen und Kunden ‚alles aus einer Hand‘ (von der Entwicklung, über die Produktion bis hin zum umweltfreundlichen Versand) zu bieten.
Dieser Ansatz ermöglicht es uns, die verwendeten Inhaltsstoffe vollständig zu kontrollieren und garantiert letztendlich die kontinuierlich hohe Qualität unserer Produkte.
Responsible and sustainable packaging
'We must bring an end to this plastic madness! Again, our philosophy is always to lead by example.'
- Soaps and 'bits' are sold mostly packaging-free
- Products that are being sold are either packaged in eco-friendly cellophane (100% organic and compostable), recycled cardboard boxes, or glass jars
- Our bitbox is an aluminum can. This is lightweight and very durable. Aluminum can be recycled very well. Recycling aluminum conserves natural resources and saves up to 95% of the energy normally needed to produce metal.
Made 100% compostable & recycled
- We use packaging made from different types of plant starch (no corn) that have no longer been used in food production (100% biodegradable, according to EN 13432)
- Our packaging paper is dyed with water-based paint
- Cartons are reused whenever possible and are made of renewable raw materials and fully recycled
- Rosenrot strictly ensures that all products are always plastic-free
- But we go even further: even with packaging and repackaging in our in-house shipping department, we avoid plastic wherever possible
We think and act with respectability and ecology.
Resources, Raw Materials & Business Processes
- We align our raw material selection with the standards of the Ecocert and/or Cosmos organic seal.
- All oils, plant hydrolates, plant milks, food additives and herbs, glycerin, ethyl alcohol and inulin are derived from controlled organic cultivation (Ecocert/BDIH/Cosmos).
- All essential oils are mainly from controlled organic cultivation (Ecocert/BDIH/Cosmos or 100% natural). All other raw materials (e.g. clay, salt, etc...) are of natural origin.
- We produce all our plant extracts in fine organic quality in our manufactory also according to our own recipe. So we know what is in the extracts - pure plant power, nothing else. This can also be felt in our products
- Our natural fragrances are sensitive and caress the soul. Almost all of them are created exclusively by us and are contained in our beauty products.
- We rely on the effects of nature and deliberately avoid kerosenes, parabens, silicones or synthetic preservatives and dyes.
- In all our internal production and shipping processes we always pay attention to sustainable actions (e.g. purchase of local raw materials to avoid unnecessary transportation, high process efficiency to avoid high energy consumption)
- We use renewable electricity.
- Our invoices / correspondence are printed on recycled paper.
- Your orders are shipped with DHL CO2 neutral (GoGreen).
RSPO Sustainable Palmoil
The RSPO (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil) certifies sustainable palm oil obtained according to specific criteria. This certification system was founded on the initiative of the WWF. The main objectives are to avoid the clearing of forests that are particularly worthy of protection, environmentally conscious production and respect for the rights of the local population and workers' rights.
Approved and certified
- All EcoCert-certified Rosenrot products meet the strict specifications of the non-profit, international and independent Cosmos Standard Association, which is part of the world's largest system for certifying natural and organic cosmetics. The highest standards in terms of ecological sustainability are guaranteed here.
- Rosenrot products are also certified in accordance with the European Cosmetics Regulation.
- Our products are screened and certified for health safety by an independent chemical laboratory.
- The finished products and compliance with hygiene regulations during production are regularly checked.
Animal-Friendly / Cruelty-Free
- As a matter of fact, we do not conduct any animal testing.
- When selecting our suppliers, we also pay special attention to the avoidance of animal testing.
- The majority of our products are vegan and labeled as such.
- We are working hard to further increase the proportion of our vegan products.